Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Monday 6 September 2021

ECW: Guest Spot

 I received an email from Steve Cooney, prompted by my humble efforts to get a handle on the Battle of Kilsyth. Steve kindly sent me a couple of photos of some of his own 20mm ECW figures (he does this from time to time, just to remind me that his soldiers are rather nicer than mine!). These are Hinton Hunt castings, many of them extensively converted.

Thanks Steve - great stuff! 




7 comments:

  1. Kudos to Steve Cooney for a wonderful ECW collection. Really nice to see ECW units more than two-deep and with the shot as deep as the pike - IMO this is a 'good thing'.
    I am literally 24 hours from Tulsa, well maybe not Tulsa but I am tonight completing the re-touching and re-basing Lee's epic Hinchlife ECW armies. I should get a review organised this weekend and I'll send you some photos. Currently I'm still using your ECW C&C variant for combat (incl. morale) mashed up with the game sequence and random events from Victory Without Quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice those, I like the density of the foot units, 3 deep. Must say I also admire those pike points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to think of ECW armies as a bit garish and OTT, but those are rather tasteful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful troops. Congratulations to Steve.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete