Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Monday 10 August 2020

One Crossed Off the Job List...

 

According to this blog, in October 2011 I added the Lanceros de Castilla to my 1812-period Spanish army, and I made a note at the time that I needed to fit red pennons to their lances. Almost nine years later, gentlemen, I have not done anything about this, but, before you gasp in astonished disappointment, let me add that this very week I have read that it is very probable that this regiment did not fit their pennons when on campaign.

YES.

That will do nicely.

I shall now amend my Napoleonic Catalogue notes to say that this unit is complete, and I shall move on. Another triumph. Just goes to prove that you should never rush into anything. That was smart planning on my part, to delay this little job. What's that I hear? Do I have any confirmation or cross reference for this new information I have read? I regret that I have now placed my fingers in my ears, and am singing, very loudly.

 TRALALALALALA!


15 comments:

  1. You can't beat an easy win! :-D
    Best wishes,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - you show me a challenge, and I'll show you bad planning. Our fans prefer exciting football, but our directors prefer it when the opposition doesn't show up.

      Delete
  2. It proves the point, why do today something that you can pu

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a clever fellow, Tony! I may use this technique for some pennonless lancers I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jon - I've been thinking about exploiting the time offered by lockdown to write a book - draft title for the moment is "How to scrape by in wargaming when you don't deserve it". On the other hand, I probably won't get it finished.

      Delete
    2. That is a funny working title!

      Delete
  4. Well that was handy, saved a fiddly job. Lovely unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee - you know, now the pressure is off, the Imp of Perversity is muttering in the back of my brain, suggesting I could paint some pennons, just because I don't have to. I'll think about it for 9 years first. That sounds like a plan.

      Delete
  5. So procrastination pays off after all? Cheers greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greg - that may be true, though I'll have you know that the nine years' delay started bang on time.

      Delete
  6. Now if only Blake had been leading some lanceros, ol' Victor might have had more to think about.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly Blake would have had more cavalry to throw at him...

      Delete
  7. Don’t you just love it when a completely none existent plan comes together...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete