Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Monday 21 March 2022

Guest Contributor Issue - Steve Cooney's ECW Lads

 Steve Cooney, who has supplied me with figures in the past and occasionally sends me some splendid pictures of his collection, has very kindly mailed me some photos of his ECW troops, which are Hinton Hunt and Les Higgins 20mm castings, many of them cleverly converted.





 Steve reckons that, counting horses and men separately, there are "a couple of thousand figures" here. Impressive, and inspirational - thanks very much Steve. 

11 comments:

  1. That’s a wonderful awesome sight, and there was I just admiring my growing 15mm collection.But these certainly steal the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covetousness is still a sin isn’t it? That’s an impressive sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally worked out that these photos are looking left and right along the layout, from somewhere near the middle - i.e. none of the pics show ALL the figures. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid stuff! He's going to need a table as big as Putin's to deploy them all, though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done - the old Les Higgins figures were very nice for their time and still hold up well today, in my opinion. I did have a random sample of half a dozen or so, back when I were a lad....might even still have one or two somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, not only a vintage treat but most of the cavalry seem to be two deep and the shot are as deep as the pike - just as it should be (IMO of course). Warms the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your heart is warmed, Rob. Pity he doesn't have 700 men in a regiment, but can't have everything. They are toys, I suppose.

      Delete
  8. Wonderfully impressive! :-)

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete