Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Monday 21 October 2024

Guest Spot: Jim Walkley's Sieges

 Jim Walkley sent me a few pictures of his home-built kit for siege wargames. I like them a lot because Jim actually plays sieges, using the Vauban's Wars rules very effectively, and doesn't waste time (as I do) collecting and painting unnecessary quantities of toys, and fiddling endlessly with rules which never seem to be finished.





He is, in fact, a hero, as further evidenced by the fact that he kindly sent me a parcel of spare figures recently for my WSS siege forces, and (best of all) he is renowned for having been present at the Waterloo commemorative wargame at the Duke of York's HQ in 1965.

Jim is circled on the following two photos. Own up, chaps - show me a photo of yourself in the same frame as Tony Bath and Neville Dickinson, and you can be a legend too.



Thanks Jim. Appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment