Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Thursday 23 August 2018

More Bavarians Ready

Back to the toy soldiers. Some progress with painting this week - including the completion of two further battalions for the 3rd Divn of Lefebvre's VII (Bavarian) Corps of 1809.

Here are the second battalion of the 9th Line Regt Ysenburg, at the top, and the first of my Light Battalions - this one is the 7th, commanded by Major Günter, in the lower photo. The line infantry are Der Kriegspieler figures, with Hinton Hunt and Falcon command, and the lights are all Falcon.




 Photos taken by the light of my painting lamp are a bit washed out - the reds really are more vivid than they look here. The light infantry are shown with the skirmishers deployed - they get tucked behind out of the way when the unit is in close order column!

12 comments:

  1. Good work! Bavarians are one of my favorites to see on the Napoleonic battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful brushwork!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking very fine; the contrast between the light bklue jackets, sulfur yellow facings, and red collars and piping is very striking and neatly painted. My original Bavarian contingent were made from these same Kriegspieler figures; replaced with Foundry about 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you gentlemen. After many years, I have come to realise that I quite enjoy painting wargame figures, but what I REALLY enjoy is having finished painting a batch of wargame figures - a bit like my feelings about decorating the house (though the brushes are mostly smaller, of course.

    The moderation thing for comments still isn't working properly. I get double notification of most incoming comments, but some go straight to spam, and for some I get no notification, so can only check my "awaiting moderation" folder every couple of days to catch up. I may remove moderation again, but it still does catch a lot of advertising and political dross, and I really, really hate those guys.

    Apologies if commenting here is even less rewarding than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking toys sir...
    I do like the Bavarians ... they have a good go at being colourful in what is the most colourful of periods...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always found the Bavarians to be a fascinating little army - those helmets are very distinctive and very strange - just a whiff of HR Giger? - these would be scary boys to have knocking on your door - tall, too!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You are, sir, as ever, gracious and generous to a fault.

      Delete
  7. Very nicely done Tony, fine painting and I do like the way you set up your bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old School, man. Actually, Old School would be curly cardboard, I guess.

      Thanks Lee. More on the way.

      Delete