Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Sunday 21 November 2010

The Grand Tactical Game - Generals & Command

I've amended the downloadable draft of the MEP Rules, which you can get to from here. This revised version now includes the Rules for the use of Blinds, and I have amended the Game Sequence accordingly.

In this post I've also included previews of some more of the optional rules I propose to add, firstly the procedure for General's Personalities, which is a prerequisite for the Command rules, and which sets an Ability Rating (compliance/initiative, really) and a Leadership Style, which ranges from Cautious to Aggressive.


And then there are the Command Rules themselves - as previously mentioned, these are supposed to be as minimalist as I can get away with - please forgive any lack of elegance here! In my original notes, these are described as "Command Hassles", which kind of sums up the approach.



As ever, I would be delighted to receive comments on these - this is, after all, supposed to be a working draft.

1 comment:

  1. Correction - section (i) [that's i for idiot, not a Roman 1) in the Command rules is a hangover from an earlier version, and shouldn't be there - I'll clean it up when it goes into the proper draft.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete