Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Thursday 18 March 2021

Featherstonia: Wargames Terrain [part 1]

 More from the old Wargamer's Newsletter - this time sent in by Albannach, fine fellow and avid collector that he is. This is WN's publication on Wargames Terrain; because it's a biggie I'll do it in two parts.

This item is more for the interest of seeing what the current thoughts on the topic were in the 1970s, rather than offering anything which is likely to change your way ahead now, but please enjoy...






















5 comments:

  1. 'The Don' had a brilliant way of simplify and focussing on the pragmatic, didn't he?
    Gee Tony, its more than a bit salutary when a document from the 70s looks like something from the ancient archives.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James - as I am reminded by my family every day, the 1970s was the time of the Dead Sea Scrolls. I guess we have to deal with it.

      Delete
  2. Interesting thanks for sharing. Interesting to see Little Wars feature so heavily as it was such an influence on Donald Featherstone, he even went off into the army in WW2 with a copy in his kitbag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive this magazine? I must admit I bought it simply because I enjoy collecting anything by Featherstone. It was of its time but shows just how far wargaming has come as regards terrain and what is available. When starting out, it was chalk roads and plasticine. At the time I thought it looked good until I started seeing photographs of the collection of Peter Gilder and then I knew I needed to improve.

    ReplyDelete