Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Saturday 29 February 2020

Hooptedoodle #356 - Another Wasted Opportunity

Last night I was clearing out the spam folder in one of my secondary email accounts, and I came across this message...


I see this dates from 2016 - goodness me! - just think, I may have missed out on a fortune. It just reinforces some recurring theme I haven't quite put my finger on yet, along the lines that big changes in our lives and fortunes might, at any moment, hinge on some unseen stroke of luck, or a message from a stranger.

By an astonishing coincidence, this spam folder contained quite a lot of messages like this - all from different people. A superstitious person might believe that this was more than mere chance. Do you think that, in some mystical way, I might be blessed? Since I would rather not dwell on the possibility of having missed out on several fortunes over a relatively short period, I am thinking that maybe I should treat this seriously, and consider resuming my research into developing a foolproof algorithm for predicting Lottery numbers.

I mean, it makes sense, doesn't it?

I do wonder what happened to that money, though - and it was a shame that the man's daughter was killed like that. And his wife. Tragic.

Why don't we all email Mr Daamba, and wish him all the best?

No...?

8 comments:

  1. I had a similar comment only last week, luckily not from Ne Daamba. But from Mrs Victory Mbango. She was also having trouble with her guard dying if a terrible un named disease.
    Would you like me to pass on your email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness - there must be a lot of misfortune in the world. I suppose we have to be grateful to have been spared.

      Delete
  2. I haven’t had anyone offer me millions for a while...
    But I did recently get an email from a delightful sounding young lady who wanted to know if I would like to see the pictures we took of each other on the beach last year...
    I didn’t go on holiday to the beach and I don’t remember taking photos of a young lady... but I am sure it must be ok... who would make something like that up.

    All the best... Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a bit like a very drunken holiday to me - however much she wants, you might be best to pay up.

      Delete
  3. Are we seeing an epidemic of deaths among intestate millionaires? Is this a peculiarly African thing, or is it more widespread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see much about this in the news - you don't think it's something we should know about, and it's being hushed up?

      Delete
  4. My $2 million inheritance from the uncle that I did not know that I had is still on the way. It does seem to be taking a while to get here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be great when it arrives though - why not just but the Ferrari now, and pay it back when the money gets through? Yes, all right, the second Ferrari. Whatever.

      Delete