Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Thursday 20 September 2018

Blog Matters - announcement


I am delighted to note that The Jolly Broom Man has now launched his new blog, and a very fine thing it promises to be. The subject matter is the English Civil War, and we are marched straight into a very ambitious campaign, which looks very exciting, to say the least. The blog is entitled 1642 And All That (click to visit) and is thoroughly recommended.

The tabletop element of these activities is conducted in 6mm, and it all looks terrific. The blog is entertainingly and engagingly written, and contains much of interest - JBM, apart from being a noted restorer of ancient French buildings, also does a very nice job with a smaller brush, and has service as a re-enactor on his CV.

6mm Horse, ready for action - Baccus, I think
6mm House - there's also some very attractive scenery on show

So why are you still reading this? - get over there at once and check it out. Tell your mates. Here's another opportunity to click on the link. My enthusiasm is not just because the JBM is a friend of mine, by the way, and he certainly is not paying me for the plug (perish the thought). How could you suggest such a thing?

[The photos are reproduced without JBM's permission, but give an idea of what he's on about.]


5 comments:

  1. In what luxurious times we live! We are treated to not one but TWO ECW campaigns to follow.

    JBM's blog duly followed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the plug Tony, I can do with all the help I can get at the mo! There's an old white fiver in the post as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant new blog which I am now following - dare I dip my toe into 6mm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that blog and campaign are definitely labours of love. The scenery is delicious and the writing is clever. I do look forward to following, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all excellent chaps - I think it is a great blog, and your support will get him off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete