A discursive look at Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, plus a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Saturday, 18 August 2012

Holy Moses! - Franznap

In an email received from Rod this morning, there was casual mention of Franznap, a new figure manufacturer of whom I have never heard. It is possible, of course, that I am the only person in the world who doesn't know of them, but I checked them out.



The range is in its infancy, and the online shop is not running yet, but the website is certainly worth a serious look. 1/72 Napoleonics in metal or resin - the sculptor/proprietor is Francesco Messori, an Italian living in Amsterdam - an architect by profession.

Have a look and a drool. Come on chaps - we want this guy to be successful! - we want lots of these...

5 comments:

  1. Well I know about his range for some years now and so far beside a few good photos on the question of Germania what I think about the figures because he thought about taking over casting/selling last year nothing came forward.

    He has great figures, especially Neapolitanians in my mind. But so far I wasn't able to get them. Let's hope this will change soon...

    cheers
    uwe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know someone who has some of his plastic figures - I accept there are not many around, though.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. Definately a chap to be borne in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning sculpts, so well proportioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Uwe is right, it took at least 1/half year to develop my masters into a possible production, and i'm still not ready ..... The reason was that i had a big technical problems with my masters and had to spend a lot of effort to solve them; the other reason is that it took time to find producers which i found reliable enough.
    I hope i will have the first products within the year.
    Nobody has still any of my products but i gave away some test casts home made to some chaps indeed but not many....

    ReplyDelete

To avoid spam and advertising material, comments are moderated on this blog, and will appear once I have seen them.