A discursive look at Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, plus a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Tuesday, 21 September 2010

The Big Battalions - still available!


Thanks very much for reassuring comments about the blog template - it seems to be OK, so I've removed the emergency posting. This is a small ad for the Big Battalions rule book - Jason Monaghan tells me that they still have stock left. I am not on commission (heaven forfend!), I am merely a fan, and I really do recommend these rules, as a thoroughly entertaining game and as an erudite and amusing discussion of Napoleonic warfare - a good read, and lots of great ideas.

I have no idea of price, but am certain it will be a fraction of the cost of some of the big glossies coming out now (come on - be honest - how do you feel when you are looking for melee factors in a hurry and all you can find are posed art shots of a battle you aren't fighting?). If you are interested, contact Guernsey Wargames Club. Tell them Foy sent you - that should keep them guessing.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say, from one 'Grumpy Old Napoleonic Wargamer' to another, that your blog is a great read and I have added it to my blog list. I enjoyed the 'Hexes and Heresies' post, quite thought provoking!

    Regards
    Lee
    ('Napoleonic Wargames Project' blog)

    ReplyDelete

To avoid spam and advertising material, comments are moderated on this blog, and will appear once I have seen them.