I've been working on my wargames rules, and had a useful exchange with Count Stryker, who has also been working on his. He provided some useful width to my views, and we worked up to the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" stage which, again, proved to be valuable.
Ian has been looking at AI as a development tool for his published rules, and our discussion got into that area. Interesting. I, of course, have been thinking vaguely about AI but have done nothing about it. I have always preferred to have my friends walk through the minefield before I have a go myself. Whatever, our discussion was interesting and potentially useful, and Ian kindly sent me an example of the sort of thing he has been doing with illustrations. This is one of my own photographs, of one of my own wargame units, uploaded to ChatGPT by Ian and rendered as a line drawing.
I realise this is kindergarten stuff as AI goes, but I am thunderstruck. I absolutely love this - it is a formal drawing of some of my little friends, produced apparently by magic, and I find it surprisingly touching - no idea why - I just love it. My sincere thanks to Stryker for sharing this with me - I shall take this whole topic more seriously in future.
If you're out there, Neil, please cross AI off my list - there's a good chap.

No comments:
Post a Comment