Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Monday, 6 July 2026

Hooptedoodle #498 - It Was Only a Matter of Time


It seems that the Almighty Festering Lard Barrel has decided to interfere in the World Cup. Well of course he has; what took him so long? 

He truly is an inspiration to us all. I'm writing to the US Supreme Court this afternoon, to see if they would like to review a few VAR offside decisions from Scotland's brief involvement in the competition. It must be worth a shot, you would think?

21 comments:

  1. I'm just waiting for what special award FIFA give him - player of the match?
    An "it would have been you that won the world cup (on your own) if you weren't a mad fat b***ard!" ? Surely not.....
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil - this is a man whose only fringe involvement with sport has been cheating at social golf. Very deprived upbringing - shame, really. He could always take a leaf out of his pal Kim Jong Un's book and make a documentary film about winning the World Cup (twice, I think). Fox News would go for it, no problem. No one has ever heard of such a big victory. Perhaps they could make a replica of the trophy and have it surgically implanted?

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful intervention. The beautifulest and the best intervention in the history of World Cup interventions. I understand Socc-er. I was so good at socc-er that Madonna told me I was the best he'd ever seen and he dedicated his fisting of the English in Mexico to me. The English are run by a very bad man. Very bad man. But that loser is going now. The Dumocrats, that's what I call them, have never overturned a FIFA red card before. They love red cards. They want us all to have red cards. They're communists. I call them the Commocrats........[and so on ad nauseam.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant Chris. The bestest comment in 250 years.

      Delete
  3. He got him an orange card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the international corruption cup, the IOC's gold is probably locked in for another year, but FIFA's silver could be under serious threat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite my nobler instincts, I stayed up to watch the match on TV - just finished about 20 minutes ago. Man - that feels pretty good.

      I must add that I wish no ill to the professional athletes or the fans - God bless them all. The outrage and ultimate satisfaction on the "cheats never prosper" theme is all directed at the lard barrels and petty gangsters who feel that somehow they have a right and a duty to corrupt. I am, however, deeply disappointed in Pochettino, the USA team coach, who earlier today issued some dreadful, weasel statement about how overruling Balogun's ban made sense. My Preston Grannie would have observed that Pochettino should be more careful who he plays with.

      Longer term? The players will get over it, the soccer fans in America have seen a feast of actual sport, and will move on. I hope and trust that the echoes of the skulduggery of the last few days will ring on for years. Would you buy a used car from these people? Or accept a tariff? How about allowing them to host the Olympics? Personally, tactically, I think this little episode finished fairly enough. Belgium are unlikely to go much further in the competition, but they did magnificently today - let Trump talk his way out of this one - I could not give a sneeze. I am not listening.

      The end of sport as we know it is probably in view already - could the White House have a goal disallowed in real time? It remains to be seen - for tonight I shall follow the example of Secretary Mullin, who danced "a happy dance" when the Iranian football team were eliminated last week.

      Delete
  5. Under Trump America has gone downhill badly and he has infected FIFA. Whether the red card itself should have been given is irrelevant - effectively overturning it because of political interference was unforgiveable. The US losing was the best possible result - if they got through the team would be tarred with 'cheats' for the rest of the campaign and beyond. Sadly, FIFA is still there for the rest of the campaign... not fit for purpose any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there will be repercussions - they might even be Reaper Cushions.

      Delete
  6. Well they are OUT now Tony with the Belgians chanting 'Lets see you overturn THAT one' . Shocking intervention.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Trump's speech in which he stated that he didn't know what a foul or a red card were, but THAT one wasn't a foul. I wonder how he is going to sabotage the mid-terms? - I don't know how, but I know he will...

      Delete
  7. Dare I say 'it's only a game'? I did laugh at the result of the next game, though - serves them right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say it if you dare, by all means. Of course it's a game - it only remains a game, though, if gangsters keep their fat little hands out of it. Someone should maybe take Trump's phone off him, slap him and send him to bed without any KFC. Dare I say "it's only a joke"?

      Delete
    2. I would say it is important that it continues to be (only) a game and the rules should therefore be kept straight. It is FIFA's job to keep the influence of gangsters out and Belgium have had to do heir job for them.

      Delete
    3. Belgium seem to be a more obvious threat when they are angry!

      Delete
    4. Agreed it is a shame when big money gets involved, that always twists things. It should be 'only a game', but somehow that all gets lost. I should declare that I have no idea about football and have not watched a game of it, even on TV, since about 1986. The rest of the population seems to have this strange obsession... :)
      I did wonder if the funny/scary orange man would now announce the annexation of Belgium..

      Delete
    5. We've missed you, man. Trump probably aware of Brussels, since it's the HQ of his mates in NATO, but history, as we know, is mostly wasted on him.

      Delete
  8. God I can't wait for the lard barrel to be gone. Our deep red state of Tennessee is beautiful, but deeply bigoted and has some of the worst public schools in the nation, which is not helped by the governor funneling public money to wealthy parents with kids in private schools. Nashville, while far from perfect, at least has a reputation of valuing education and respect for culture, not to mention an MLS team, so that we at least know what a red card is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have our heart-felt sympathy and support. If US politics were self-contained then the rest of us might shrug and try to ignore the goings-on, but we are all in the trenches here. The random policy reversals with the aim of manipulating commodity markets and the stock market are blatantly evil, for a start, and let us not discuss bombing people on a whim. I'm seriously worried that Trump must be so terrified of what happens next if MAGA loses the mid-terms that I am convinced that the elections are not going to happen. Whoever is composing his autoprompts must be working hard on Plan B right now?

      Just out of academic interest, what stops other nations queuing up to discuss a separate deal with Iran? I'll be in the bunker, counting my cans of baked beans.

      Delete