Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Friday 26 June 2015

1809 Spaniards - Milicias Provinciales completed


...and here are the same flags, with attached infantry. Four battalions of provinciales, in M1805 regulation dress, with a proportion of the other ranks in brown jackets instead of white. For what seemed like good reasons at the time, I did one battalion in white, one in brown, and two mixed. All officers have white jackets, since rank has its privileges.

My thanks to my friend Goya for help with the command figures.

These fellows look fine - I'm pleased with them - but this is the militia, gentlemen - in Commands & Colors these fellows suffer triple retreats, so they need to be treated with care. Fortunately they are spread among the line divisions...


I took photos with and without flash, and since I didn't think either was very successful, I've posted both! These guys can now go safely into the box files, and I can start looking at some more cavalry. I'm also giving some thought to a "unit" of British infantry (mixed facings) armed with shovels, to provide some labour for siege trenches. Hmmm - spoiled for choice!

3 comments:

  1. Militia, or not, they look lovely. Very eager to see that battalion of mixed unti British laborers when it is finished.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flash or no flash? I cannot make a preference. Both look good to me.

    ReplyDelete